Well folks, it’s official, I’m on Twitter!
I guess the saying: ”can’t teach an old dog new tricks” does not apply to me–at least not yet. It took me a minute, and I am still learning, but I am starting to see some of the value of social media. I had been fighting it for quite some time now, but it helps to have a 12-year-old in the house.
I am totally amazed at the fact that I wrote a book and now I have to advertise it in 140 character or less. I wrote a book and the experts are telling me that most folks only want a few lines with lot’s of pictures–really wish I had discovered this before now. They are also telling me that I need to book speaking engagements. What? I am a writer, not a speaker–so now I have to tell people all about the book that I wrote, that I want them to read. Seems a little counter-productive, but you gotta love it! I really thought I was doing something when I set up the Facebook Fan Page.
So, what does a person who is trying to re-define the meaning of beauty Tweet about? I’m glad you asked! Here are some of the things I have come up with lately:
- Don’t be a cheap imitation, flaunt your priceless originality!
- Carry yourself like the daughter of a King. Believe it or not, You are!
- Haven’t been on Twitter long. I am amazed at some of the profile pics. Come on ladies, should your rear really be your 1st intro?
- If tomorrow every woman awakened with the revelation of her true beauty and worth, things would be much different and some bankrupt!
- How far are you willing to go? How much money will you spend? How much torture are you willing to endure… to blend in?
- Crying out for diversity of thought but creating clones in appearance.
- Ensure that every stroke of the makeup brush is matched with an equal focus on the heart.
So what do you think? Not bad for a Twitter newbie! I usually post about two to three times a week–sometimes it takes a few days for inspiration to come. (sometimes I have those old dog moments)
Now for the invite: If you are on Twitter, be sure to follow me at @realbeautyatoz and tell all your friends. Should prove to be a pretty exciting journey!